Re: NetBSD 10 BETA successfully installed, does not recognize my wireless network device

jay%m5.chicago.il.us@localhost ("Jay F. Shachter") writes:

>else.  According to the output that I obtain when I boot my computer
>into OpenBSD and invoke the "pcidump -v" command -- and I have to
>engage in this roundabout procedure because I do not see a pcidump
>command, or anything resembling it, on my NetBSD system

It's something like
	pcictl pci0 list

Detailed information with
	pcictl pci0 dump
plus parameters to specify which device.

>-- my wireless
>network device is a Broadcom BCM4313, Vendor ID 14e4, Product ID 4727.

I fear there is no driver for that chip. FreeBSD might have support for
it in the bwn driver, but that won't help you.

For Wifi you probably need something like an USB dongle, something like
an Edimax EW-7811Un should work. Since NetBSD so far only supports
802.11a/b/g, you also need to make sure that your WiFi (accesspoint/router)
has this enabled (it usually has).