Re: xen-bootable DomU images for linux

On 1/11/2023 3:13 PM, Brook Milligan wrote:
> > On Jan 11, 2023, at 12:49 PM, Chuck Zmudzinski <frchuckz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > Did you try omitting type = 'pvh' to see if for some reason the Fedora
> > image does not like PVH mode? That would boot it in PV mode instead.
>
> Same thing with type=“pv” or no type= at all.
>
> > I would just save the "/run/initramfs/rdsosreport.txt" file somewhere
> > so you can attach it to a Fedora bug report, as recommended in the
> > console output. Before that, of course see if you can search the Fedora
> > bug tracker (I think they use Bugzilla) or even just the Internet to see if
> > it's already been reported as a bug somewhere. Be sure to mention you
> > are trying to boot it in a Xen PV guest of type PVH and are using a NetBSD
> > Dom0. Probably also mention the Xen version and NetBSD version you are
> > using in the bug report, and the results of trying it without type = 'pvh' in
> > the guest config file.
>
> From this I’m guessing that the Xen configuration seems OK and it is likely an OS issue?

I think so. If the only difference with the configs that work is that you
are using Fedora instead on another distro's image, then yet it is most
likely a Fedora OS issue. But you should tell them that you are using
NetBSD as Dom0 and telly them the versions so they can try to reproduce
the bug. You might also tell them other distro's work fine. This is only
happening with Fedora.

> Could it be resource related?  For the moment I am giving the DomU only 2GB memory and the disk is only 32GB.  I don’t know what Linux generally requires; are those too low?

I don't know. I would just ask Fedora in the bug report or if you have enough memory
do a test with 4 GB. I am sure 32 GB is enough for the disk, though.

Kind regards,

Chuck