Re: firefox resource hog

Le Sun, Jan 08, 2023 at 09:53:32PM +0530, Mayuresh a écrit :
> On Sun, Jan 08, 2023 at 04:56:54PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > For this, I would use curl(1) (I do use it to automate downloading of
> > pages when there are no capchas).
>
> How I do this is:
>
> 1. For some of the most simple scenarios, cookies ok but no js - curl / wget
>
> 2. A little more complex, where for some reason wget/curl doesn't work,
> but still not requiring js - python mechanize
>
> 3. Requiring js - firefox, marionette
>
> Within 3:
>
> 3a. Headless if fully automatable use case, including some captchas which
> I extract in headless mode and render on a terminal and get interactively
> from keyboard.
>
> 3b. Non-headless when e.g. you want to automate only logging in to a
> portal and do further things manually
>
> While I use all of them, 3b is which I require the most. For 3a and 3b
> firefox works the best for me.

I inspect the traffic first for example with the developer tools under
Firefox, when js is only used to verify arguments and put them in
canonical form before sending them, calling a page with HTTP or HTTPS,
with GET or POST.

Then, knowing what is the "API", I script under curl...
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/