Re: firefox resource hog

On Sun, Jan 08, 2023 at 04:56:54PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> For this, I would use curl(1) (I do use it to automate downloading of
> pages when there are no capchas).

How I do this is:

1. For some of the most simple scenarios, cookies ok but no js - curl / wget

2. A little more complex, where for some reason wget/curl doesn't work,
but still not requiring js - python mechanize

3. Requiring js - firefox, marionette

Within 3:

3a. Headless if fully automatable use case, including some captchas which
I extract in headless mode and render on a terminal and get interactively
from keyboard.

3b. Non-headless when e.g. you want to automate only logging in to a
portal and do further things manually

While I use all of them, 3b is which I require the most. For 3a and 3b
firefox works the best for me.

--
Mayuresh