Re: NetBSD on older Macbook Pro: Wi-Fi and trackpad

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 01:48:54PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> They do work on btmagic(4):
> [    29.023479] btmagic0 at bthub0 remote-bdaddr e8:80:2e:e5:20:6f link-mode auth: 3 buttons, W and Z dirs
> [    29.023479] wsmouse1 at btmagic0 mux 0

Wow - bluetooth for what is an internal device, interesting.

> > layer that takes raw trackpad data and synthesizes them?  Is this
>
> At this point it's in the btmagic driver itself; but maybe it would be
> possible to abstract this.

Maybe we should look at this, there are some gestures and emulations
that are done in the synaptics driver that may be useful for btmagic and
it doesn't make sense to replicate the code into another trackpad
driver.  I think it would require a design of a layer that would sit
between the underlying trackpad device and the wsmouse driver.  This
intervening layer could take the underlying raw finger positions and
perform things like button emulation, two finger scroll, scrolling
regions and the like.

--
Brett Lymn
--