UEFI install on MacBook Pro (2012)

My MacBook Pro 2012 has just dropped out of Apple OS support so out of curiosity I’ve just tried the 9.99.108 UEFI USB installer image.

It boots, spews memory information on the screen and then gets to the boot loader. All good so far.

Then the kernel boots fine. Usual green console boot, many drivers found and then the screen freezes with a corrupted green dotted pattern. (Very Matrix like…).

Has anyone successfully booted on a similar machine? Am I missing a setting (e.g. memmap?).