Re: NetBSD 9.3 UEFI installation help

On Thu, Dec 01, 2022 at 11:26:09PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:

Some more details of what various installation options lead to:

1. By choosing Available disks as "wd0" -> Use existing GPT partitions

This leads to error

/sbin/mount -tmsdos /dev/dk1 /targetrootSYSTEM
mount: realpath `/targetrootSYSTEM': No such file or directory

If I try mounting /dev/dk1 (EFI partition) using shell prompt
mount: cannot open `dev/dk1': Operation not supported by device

2. By choosing Extended partitioning:

wd0
    dk0 on SYSTEM (MSDOS) (unused) UNCHANGED
    dk5 on /      (FFSv2) (unused) 444G
sd0
    dk9 on / (FFS) (unused) 1420M

This leads to installation being written to the installation medium itself
(/dev/dk9)

I am not sure what the mount point has to be. I think can't be the same
for /dev/dk5 and /dev/dk9.

3. By choosing the target partition by UUID:

The installer just ends without any message.

The uuids do not always appear. Sometimes they appear sometimes they
don't.

--
Mayuresh