Re: Upgrade 9.2->9.3 amd64 issues - device not configured

Hi Martin,

On 11/10/22 07:45, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 04:30:18AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
The error you saw is harmless (to you), there is nothing to fix.
Not quite, the installer needs to detect this and deal with it - I will
fix it (but not before next week, sorry).

One immediate workaround would be to use the legacy bios USB boot image
to do the update:

https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-9/latest/images/NetBSD-9.3_STABLE-amd64-bios-install.img.gz

this was a good idea... I installed it (well, a couple of days ago, took some time to test before writing this email( and it worked right out, the laptop is saved. Boot blocks updated too.

I upgraded all pkgsrc from source, that took some compiling and worked being stable. X11, ethernet, wifi seem to work.

Well WiFi has the same issues it had when working with Christos on it - needs some kick to come up, gives some errors. Suspend-to-RAM is also flakey with X11. Buit I will report on issues separately.

Riccardo