Re: can not download IMAP messages with isync/mbsync

>> My guess is that the buffer you're testing with is near the top of
>> the address space, within ~1GB of address 0xffffffff, and what
>> you're seeing is due to wraparound.
> Thanks for that analysis--address-wrapping was my first guess too,
> but, I didn't have the time to confirm it: the 1GB was with a
> standalone program; in mbsync itself, the range was much
> smaller--less than 1MB even.

I haven't confirmed it myself.  I don't have an ARM machine running
anything more recent than 4.0.1 (and that much only quite recently - I
found my shark in storage and am only just getting it back in full
operation).  4.0.1 appears to not even _have_ strnlen.  But my reading
of the assembly code I found in 9.1's /usr/src matches the behaviour
you describe far too well for me to think it's entirely coincidence;
I'm fairly fairly confident of my analysis.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign