Re: can not download IMAP messages with isync/mbsync

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 01:22:54PM +0100, Marko Bauhardt wrote:
>> I configured to not use the system strnlen as you suggested. this works fine.
>> i'm able to fetch my mails.
>> THX!!
>
> The patch is the better solution, the length passed to strnlen is
> obviously bogus.

Yes, it's crazy.  But isn't strnlen failing to meet its specification?
Or is UINT_MAX not guaranteed to fit in size_t and we're getting
truncation?

I am not arguing against fixing the code to be sane.   I am just raising
the other question about maybe strnlen needs fixing.