Re: updating direct from 5 to 9?

Martin
Possible in this case the file system was created on an earlier netbsd than 5. I have recently upgraded between each major release starting at 1.0.

When I went from 7.2 to 8.2 I had problems - 8.2 will not mount the root file system. I had to reboot single user with a 7.2 kernel and tune the file systems with fsck_ffs -c 4

(Again it’s possible this is because the file system was older - possibly created on 1.5.4).