Re: [SUCCESS partial] Disabling framebuffer at boot time

Le Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 07:52:14PM +0000, RVP a écrit :
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2022, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
>
> > But the NetBSD kernel does not even crash (since I use the "boot once"
> > feature,

The 9.2 GENERIC kernel does not boot on the machine.

I compiled a customized 9.3 kernel disabling anything but what is there
and really needed, and adding specifically this:

acpismbus*	at acpi?		# ACPI SMBus CMI (experimental)

because, as well as i915*, it mentions IvyBridge (and this is an Intel
Xeon, IvyBridge family)

Booting without framebuffer and without multiprocessor, it works and
I have the dmesg from NetBSD (it can be downloaded here):

http://downloads.kergis.com/misc/rpt_netbsd9.3_monocore_no-fb.dmesg

Thanks to RVP! for the tips (and I will try to get further---but on the
kernel list)
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/