Disabling framebuffer at boot time

Hello,

I'm trying to install a NetBSD on a remote rented baremetal server
(OVH), but have not IPMI access (I can not see the boot process).

At the moment, I have installed a Debian image provided by OVH, resized
its partition and installed NetBSD as a dual boot on the same disk
(there are 3, but others are empty) and I'm trying to chainload
NetBSD from the Debian' Grub2.

It does not work but I'm unable to know if this is because NetBSD is
never booted or if this is because NetBSD crashes during boot time (I
chainload from GRUB2 and boot once with a fallback to Linux, and I
get only Linux, but so rapidly that I'm unable to guess if NetBSD was
ever attempted and failed or if it was never attempted---and yes, I
tested first under Qemu that with a normal boot sequence, it will
work, but that says nothing about the support of the real hardware
neither about the real boot process).

In order to suppress one possible cause of the problem, I'd like to
suppress support for the framebuffer (the kernel booted at the moment
is the GENERIC amd64 one).

Do I need to compile a custom kernel suppressing the support of the
framebuffer or is there a configuration via /boot.cfg (it's a BIOS
boot, not UEFI) allowing this to be achieved? (Or simply redirecting
to a serial console will automatically achieved this? But I have
still to see, with the Debian dmesg, if there is some kind of serial
available in order to not stumble on another rock taking another
path...)

TIA,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/