Re: Disabling framebuffer at boot time

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:

In order to suppress one possible cause of the problem, I'd like to
suppress support for the framebuffer (the kernel booted at the moment
is the GENERIC amd64 one).

Do I need to compile a custom kernel suppressing the support of the
framebuffer or is there a configuration via /boot.cfg (it's a BIOS
boot, not UEFI) allowing this to be achieved?

If you think the DRMKMS driver is the cause, you can disable it (or
any other drivers for that matter).

To disable the Intel DRMKMS, in /boot.cfg add:
userconf=disable i915drmkms*

Nouveau:
userconf=disable nouveau*

Radeon: