Re: NetBSD 9.2 installer can't detect disk of some Hetzner VPSes

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
> Basically I do not know their motivation to switch over to Q35.

At a guess, it is closer in configuration to the host hardware so has
a lower overhead.

>It's just a perspective to convince a provider to give a setup that works
>for us, since there is no other way till NetBSD supports Q35, and we don't
>know when will that be. At last that's the impression I got from this
>thread.

You, or someone else who wants to use a Hetzner VPS, could do the
experiment that I suggested.

If "qemu -machine q35" fails to boot NetBSD in the same way then it will
be a lot easier to resolve this.