Re: NetBSD 9.2 installer can't detect disk of some Hetzner VPSes

Hello Robert,

Am 15.08.2022 um 13:35 schrieb Robert Swindells:
If "qemu -machine q35" fails to boot NetBSD in the same way then it will
be a lot easier to resolve this.

unfortunately not... at least with machine type pc-q35-7.0 it boots for me both NetBSD 9.3 and a current 9.99.99.

Beside of this, the basic problem of this thread "can't detect disk" seems to be solved in NetBSD 9.99.99 - at least I get hints in the kernel messages on the Hetzner platform that storage and network were detected (up to the wedges). Currently booting still aborts because no console is found.

One of the guesses is that it is due to the missing viocon driver. Taylor has ported the viocon driver from OpenBSD and part of it has been in current for a few days. I'm helping Taylor test it. Unfortunately, the workflow is quite time expensive - I always have to wait to build a complete image and write it raw to disk at Hetzner via rescue system.

During the last test I had taken screenshots of the dmesg (from the kernel debugger) from the Hetzner VM. If you want, I can mail them to you.

Kind regards
Matthias