Re: NetBSD 9.2 installer can't detect disk of some Hetzner VPSes

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 11:55:21AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
> I don't think we can claim that their configuration is "less portable",
> q35 has been in qemu since 2017.

But i440FX works on more OSes than Q35 - hence more portable!

Basically I do not know their motivation to switch over to Q35.

It's just a perspective to convince a provider to give a setup that works
for us, since there is no other way till NetBSD supports Q35, and we don't
know when will that be. At last that's the impression I got from this
thread.

--
Mayuresh