Linux binary works without being under /emul/linux

I am on NetBSD 9.2 amd64

I have a third party binary package compiled for Ubuntu.

I have installed suse_base and kept one Ubuntu library libstdc++ under
/emul/linux/ubuntu and added this directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Now I find that I am able to launch the main binary without keeping it
under /emul/linux.

Is that how it is supposed to be?

I was under the impression that the binaries are required to be under
/emul/linux as well going by the following:

https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-linux.html
    All Linux binaries exist entirely within the separate root directories
    inside /emul/linux and /emul/linux32. The kernel will always search
    these paths first when looking for shared objects required by Linux
    programs.

The `file' command says the following about the binary:

    ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=c2d969eadf4f6adfa70b046c84942e75d481694f, with debug_info, not stripped

ldd says:

    -lstdc++.6 => not found
    -lgcc_s.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
    -lc.6 => not found

/emul/linux/usr/bin/ldd says:

    ldd: exited with unknown exit code (139)

--
Mayuresh