Re: NetBSD 9.2 installer can't detect disk of some Hetzner VPSes

    Date:        Sun, 10 Jul 2022 11:09:40 +0200
    From:        Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>

  | Yeah, I noticed that we already have support for vioscsi* at virtio?
  | [which is what the spec draft I linked ended in] and vioif* at virtio?
  | (at least in current), so it can't be this simple.

It has been there a while, I used to use it via virtualbox a laptop
or two ago...

It actually might be simpler than I thought - I was basing my "no support"
on a grep not finding the product ID anywhere but in the pcidevs file
(and files built from it).

But dev/pci/virtio_pci.c does this ...

                /*
                 * Non-transitional devices SHOULD have a PCI Revision
                 * ID of 1 or higher.  Drivers MUST match any PCI
                 * Revision ID value.
                 */
                if (((PCI_PRODUCT_QUMRANET_VIRTIO_1040 <=
                      PCI_PRODUCT(pa->pa_id)) &&
                     (PCI_PRODUCT(pa->pa_id) <=
                      PCI_PRODUCT_QUMRANET_VIRTIO_107F)) &&
                      /* XXX: TODO */
                      PCI_REVISION(pa->pa_class) == 1)
                        return 1;

and all the devices in question should be between 1040 & 107f, so
the only issue might be if the revision is not 1.   Given that the
comment says that as long as the rev is >=1 is supposed to work
(there's an earlier test for rev 0 - transitional devices) it
might be that that is the problem - the devices being configured
just might be rev > 1.   In that case, if nothing in our drivers
is affected by the rev bump, all that might be needed is to adjust that
final test (the one with the XXX comment...).    "If".

kre