help with "SMTP error: 454 4.7.1 <name@localhost>: Relay access denied"

More than a decade too late, but I am finally moving from sendmail to
postfix.  Unfortunately, fetchmail doesn't work anymore; I get the
following error (translated from Japanese):

fetchmail: SMTP error: 454 4.7.1 <name@localhost>: Relay access denied
Reading first message addressed to
lower.upper%axel.knet.ne.jp%lfknet-pop.xspmail.jp@localhost (22114 bytes)
Messages not deleted from server.

I'm testing with postfix version 2.11.4; fetchmail version 6.3.26.

I've tried MANY variations of the following without luck.
In /etc/postfix/main.cf, add:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    permit_mynetworks,
    check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access,
    permit_sasl_authenticated,
    reject_unauth_destination
Add "name@my.domain OK" to recipient_access;
 then, `postmap /etc/postfix/recipient_access`
Stop and start postfix.

I've run out of ideas.  Any help much appreciated.

Henry