Re: unrecognized root device and kernel panic during 9.2 amd64 installation

tiago%seco.ws@localhost (Tiago Seco) writes:

>I'm trying to install via the NetBSD-9.2-amd64-install.img image, and
>the root device is not recognized:

>https://imgur.com/a/uqHgZNV

>If I press `enter` I get the following suggested options:
>https://imgur.com/a/glrU9JY

Looks like 'dk1' is the correct one (the only one of type ffs).

The NetBSD bootloader should pass that information to the kernel, but
maybe you try something else (there is a ext2fs filesystem) and need
to configure a different bootloader ?

This also looks like a UEFI boot (EFI partition exists, a GPT is used)
and UEFI could have an issue. In that case you can add information
to the boot.cfg file to tell the kernel where the root disk is.

>However, if I press `enter` a few more times, I get a kernel panic:
>https://imgur.com/a/tKNowDP

>I don't know if these issues are related, or how I should proceed with
>either the installation or further debug.

Doesn't look related. The latter looks like a bug in the USB stack.

Greetings,