Re: Intermittent loss of connectivity while with iwm

bsdprg%gmail.com@localhost (Salil Wadnerkar) writes:

>--000000000000f839dd05ddcb7a0c

>Hi,

>My laptop has `Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265`, and I get
>`autoconfiguration error: pms_enable` for this device, and lose
>connectivity. I observed this on NetBSD 9.2 first, and I thought upgrading
>to -current will solve the problem. But, the issue is the same.

Funny thing. 'pms_enable' comes from the PS/2 driver trying to
probe for a PS/2 mouse.

Apparently you do not have a (working) PS/2 interface which causes
these messages. These probes also needs time and maybe that interferes
with the iwm driver.

You can try to disable the PS/2 driver to avoid the errors,
but this doesn't mean that this solves the iwm problem.

You can put

userconf=disable pckbc*
userconf=disable pckbd*
userconf=disable pms*

into /boot.cfg to disable PS/2 controller, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse.