Re: OT - I have a NUC

On 10/11/21 3:25 PM, Bob Bernstein wrote:
On Mon, 11 Oct 2021, Thomas D. Dean wrote:

On my NUC, there is a connector between the SATA connector and the SATA power connector.

May one ask, do you run NetBSD on your NUC?

No, I am running Ubuntu. Long Story... I had FreeBSD on it at one time, no problems, just needed to have Linux for some compatibility issues.

Overnight I learned that the CMOS battery in my NUC has expired, and that was pretty much the end of the road for me and this NUC. I'm sending it to a young(er) member of the family who's expressed an interest. The thing has blossomed into a mental health issue for me. Get thee behind me, NUC!

Maybe all it needs is a new CR2032 and re-flash the BIOS.

From  the manual:

"If the battery and AC power fail, date and time values will be reset and the user will be notified during the POST. When the voltage drops below a certain level, the BIOS Setup program settings stored in CMOS RAM (for example, the date and time) might not be accurate."

Tom Dean