Re: OT - I have a NUC

On Sun 10 Oct 2021 at 17:07:03 -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2021, Rhialto wrote:
>
> > > ahcisata0 port 0: PHY offline
>
> > This seems to be the point where things start failing.
>
> Am I being told that the two tiny little connectors from the SSD's "carrier"
> (for lack of the correct term) that plug into what I suppose might be called
> the thing's mainboard need to be reseated?

Definitely check the cabling. I don't have an example handy of what it
looks like when a device is connected, but powered off. But so far it
looks like the port thinks that no cable + device is connected. This may
still be a software problem. It could also be that the device is
connected but not powered properly. For that it usually has a separate
cable, with a connector similar to the SATA cable, but a different
width. Sometimes the two connectors may be combined in one big one, I
suppose, but in that case I expect to cables connected to such a
connector, because one goes to the motherboard and the other to the
power supply.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto