OT - I have a NUC

Said NUC is able via a CD I burned (using NetBSD-9.99.88-amd64.iso) to boot that image, and begin execution of the 'sysinst' resident on it.

'sysinst' immediately interrupts with a message; "I can not find any hard disks for use by NetBSD."

A bit of history iydm:

Last month I discussed this problem here:
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2021/09/27/msg027809.html In that thread I was asked:

"Does dmesg from the NetBSD iso show up an atabus0 or nvme0 ? (To see if the controller is recognised)"

I can report, fwiw, that 'atabus0' does appear in the dmesg of the CD boot.

More recently:

Last night I installed a new SSD but still that message, above, rapidly made an appearance. A CD burned from an OpenBSD install iso reaches a similar conclusion, complaining that it can not find any "bootable media" in the NUC.

Initially, after several months use,the NUC's original Win10 OS also began to fail booting with an almost identical message as to the lack of bootable media.

Among the questions that come to mind, there is this: Would a brand new SSD -- if it had never received any partioning -- spawn a failure of the sort described? (At this juncture I have no factual knowledge as to the state of the SSD's partitioning.)

Thank you.

--
"The existence of God is not an experimental issue in the way it was."

                       John Wisdom - "Gods" (1944)