Re: OT - I have a NUC

On 10/10/21 8:01 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 10:36:38AM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
It matched in overall appearance things termed "SATA" in some of the youtube
videos I watched. Measures 4" x 2.75". It is labeled "Solid State Drive."

That should be a SATA 2.5" SSD (the alternative called M.2 module is a lot
smaller, typical would be a 2280 variant which is 22mm x 80mm, or
0.87" x 3.15").

So it should have shown up as wd0 on your sata controller (but no drives
appeared in your dmesg). Strange.

Martin

Maybe silly, but, ...

Is the SATA cable connection inserted firm on both ends?

Does the SATA cable have 1 or 2 connectors on the computer end? My NUC has a SATA power connector and a SATA connector.
"SATA power connector (1.25 mm pitch)" and "SATA 6.0 Gb/s connector"

Tom Dean