Re: OT - I have a NUC

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021, Martin Husemann wrote:

So it should have shown up as wd0 on your sata controller (but no drives appeared in your dmesg). Strange.

What I am finding strange is how slow this new system is, for example, responding to keypresses, and carrying out simple tasks such as 'mkdir /usr/local.'.

It has 32G of the much-touted Intel "Optane" RAM onboard (or so I was told). Am I experiencing a "feature" of life on USB sticks?

Thanks,

--
"The existence of God is not an experimental issue in the way it was."

                       John Wisdom - "Gods" (1944)