man page inquiry

If I read 'man wdm' I see this:

--snip--
-config configuration_file
Names the configuration file, which specifies resources to control the behavior of wdm. #configdir#/wdm-config is the default.
--snip--

Should I be seeing #configdir# thus literally, or is there -- apparently missing on my system -- some functionality of the manpage system which ought to have substituted for *configdir# an actual filesystem location?

What would be a typical, i.e. default, value for #configdir#?

Thank you.

--
"...that there is no getting away from the central position of the individual I believe anyone can see for himself merely by observing that the individual does not regard the following to be a senseless question: "Under what conditions would you draw the conclusion that everyone in the world except yourself had gone crazy?"

Percy Bridgman _The Nature of Physical Theory_
                            (1936)