Re: ZFS RAIDZ2 and wd uncorrectable data error - why does ZFS not notice the hardware error?

Hello all,

Thank you very much for your valuable advice! I will add the smartmontools to my custom repository today so that I can install it on the NAS. In the meantime, I had another look at atactl - it seems to offer the possibility of reading out the error memory or starting a self-test. I have now done that, but I suspect that smartmontools probably offers more features.

```
saturn$ doas atactl wd2 smart error-log
SMART supported, SMART enabled
No errors have been logged
saturn$ doas atactl wd2 smart selftest-log
SMART supported, SMART enabled
No self-tests have been logged
saturn$ doas atactl wd2 smart offline 1
SMART supported, SMART enabled