Re: With 8G RAM would RPI4 be a decent QEMU host?

On 05/12/2020 11:55, Mayuresh wrote:
On Sat, Dec 05, 2020 at 10:07:58AM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
I'm interested in the subject. I remember asking a similar question on the
OTFC channel #qemu and the general consensus was that the RPI in general was
not a good qemu host at all.

Was this discussion in the context of newer RPI with higher RAM or prior
to that?

It was probably before the 8G version came out and assuming you use Rasbpian binaries. I guess compiling your own qemu and using some accelerator will make a difference.

I run qemu=kvm on a Linux host on an old Thinkpad with a much faster cpu than the Pi and still it's not great for production use.

--
Ottavio Caruso