Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 09:43:50PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 02:49:53PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > 1) There is no .strtab pb neither with a cross-ld or with the native ld
> > on earmv7hf using the test that was sufficient to exhibit the problem
> > before the fix of Aug 2019;
>
> I do not know if this is relevant, but the build of webkit-gtk threw this
> message that looked interesting to me:
>
> -- Disabling GNU gold linker, because it doesn't support ARM instruction
> set properly.

GNU gold linker is/was a rewrite in C++ independent from BFD. It seems
to me more or less already orphaned and, as the message says, it does
not support all the archs the BFD version supports.

And as I wrote, the .strtab warning does not come from ld.bfd (aka
ld(1)) but from gdb(1) when trying to get some info about the firefox52
coredump.

FWIW,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/