Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 12:54:06PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 12:46:36PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > The strtab errors come from the linking hence from binutils. The only
> > causes I can imagine is whether there is a lib used that has been
> > compiled with an old version of the binutils, or a component was
> > compiled requering an old version of the toolchain and hence bringing in
> > an old version of the binutils.
>
> For the binary pkgs at
>
> 	https://cdn.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/earmv7hf/9.1/All
>
> there is no pkg created with an older compiler/binutils than NetBSD 9.0
> shipped with.

Then Mayuresh has to verify that his versions of the packages were
not built "long" ago. Because this is an "old" version of Firefox
that is been used, hence its dependencies---the version of its
dependencies---have not changed since, and one or several of the
dependencies can have been compiled before the fix to the binutils.

I fail to see how this could happen without involving the linker and
bfd...

BTW, are these packages "cross-compiled" on a system with an arm
processor that is not the target one (a more "muscled" machine than is
generally available with a earmv7)? Because the fix was for
elf32-arm.h and I wonder if there could be an elfxx-aarch64.c coming in
the way...
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/