Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 08:42:58PM +0100, Bodie wrote:
> > A couple of more questions:
> >
> > 1. Which is the highest firefox version which is rust free? Is it 52
> > (may be that's why it's retained?)

Got a reference that says it's firefox 53 is highest without rust.
https://www.infoworld.com/article/3165424/mozilla-binds-firefoxs-fate-to-the-rust-language.html

Just curious what led to pkgsrc choosing to retain 52.

> > 2. What are the chances of getting rust-bin on armv7? Seems it's there
> > for Linux-aarch64 only (among arm).

There is one 'armv7-unknown-netbsd-eabihf' in Tier3 binary releases (in
the same tier as aarch64 which is adopted in pkgsrc):
https://doc.rust-lang.org/nightly/rustc/platform-support.html

Possible to adopt? I can try it out (after first trying rust free version
of ff), just want to know if anyone has already been there done that and
discarded this option.

--
Mayuresh