Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:14:29AM +0100, Bodie wrote:
> And did you notice during those years how browsers requirements raised
> regarding HW and got thin regarding range of supported OSs?

pkgsrc maintains older versions say firefox52 which helps.

raspbian has a custom build of FF which is lightweight - what exactly they
do, I do not know, but it works pretty well.

> So you have fallback, even more reasons to not report as critical. One
> package issues is very different from eg. port not booting at all

Fair enough. Whoever has the access, please feel free to revise. My
perspective is this: It's happening on a formally released image and is
something that was supposed to have been fixed. Is potentially a wrong
image lurking around (note wrong armv7.img i.e. _potentially_, and I hope
it's untrue, hence I adjudged it so.)

Just 1 correction to my mail, though it doesn't matter to the problem
description. I reported the device as RPI2, but it's RPI3B (I actually
have 1 each, and am migrating both from raspbian to 9.1 simultaneously, 3B
as a desktop and 2 for some other use. Hence I might have erred when
reporting.)

--
Mayuresh