Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

MLH wrote:
> Rocky Hotas wrote:
> > > misfired

Funny thing. I thought I had magicfilter working again but I was
wrong. Printing only works correctly if a postscript file is sent
to lp/lpr.  Apparently I have been only sending postscript files
for a while so hadn't noticed.  Everything I tried indicates that
the 'if' entry is never called.

        :if=/root/scripts/psonly600-filter:\

I first noticed that the pipe command in Magicfilter filters wasn't
working then noticed that no file format conversions were being
called (as they used to) then noticed that I can change the 'if'
filter to anything and there are no errors. Whatever file is being
sent to lp is sent directly, completely bypassing Magicfilter
entirely.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the 'if' filter is no more getting
called? The rest of the printcap entry works, and if I use 'of'
instead of 'if', the 'of' filter is called.