Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

MLH wrote:
> > Rocky Hotas wrote:

Yay! I figured out how to get the Magicfilter psonly600-filter to
insert the PJL Printer Language command in front of the postscript
data.

Since the filter "postscript" directive is an alias for -
text "" \004
(says so in the Magicfilter source code) I changed the two postscript
directives as such :

# PostScript
0 %! postscript
0 \004%! postscript
  to :
0 %! text "%-12345X@PJL\n@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT\n" \004%-12345X
0 \004%! text "%-12345X@PJL\n@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT\n" \004%-12345X

You have to insert an actual escape character in the text since
there is no 'print' there.

I then set the Brother 5250 printer default language to HPLaserJet
and now it accepts a Postscript file. :^)

Rocky, maybe try this one out?