Re: pkgsrc build server

04.07.2020 19:34, Greg Troxel wrote:
Is there an opportunity to build a package with dependencies
on production server without installing all dependencies?
Maybe we can deploy NetBSD dist into a directory and build
pkgsrc in chroot environment or there is more smooth
way to do that?

I don't understand what you want.

Sorry my fault I wasn't clear. I run a network with bunch of NetBSD
servers. I have DISTDIR, RELEASEDIR, PKGSRCDIR on NFS share.
When we update systems one real production server (let's say
mail server) builds distribution sets which would be rolled
out on all NetBSD systems. But any of that systems have to build its
own packages by itself - let's say web VMs need lighttpd.

I would like to use production server to build packages with deps
to put all them in DESTDIR  and roll it later to those who need it.
But in this example mail server have its own structure and history
like it has postfix compiled from pkgsrc-2019Q1 and its okay.
If I build lighttpd on mail server it 1) will interfere in underlying
packages and may demand to remove postfix what is pointless
for mail server, 2) will make a mess of dependencies which will
make me do lot of work later.

If you want to avoid intalling things, you can run pbulk, but this will
use more space, but with better isolation.

That seems to be an answer if pbulk is capable of building not the
whole pkgsrc tree. I will try it. Thank you!

--
Dima Veselov
Physics R&D Establishment of Saint-Petersburg University