Shared object "libffi.so.6" not found after installing w3m-img

After installing w3m-img recently (with whatever dependencies pkgin pulled in)
I get the following error when I try to run gimp:

Shared object "libffi.so.6" not found

When I check in /usr/pkg/lib I find that indeed instead of libffi.so.6
there is now libffi.so.7.

Is there a straightforward way to resolve this and get gimp working again?

Trying to reinstall gimp via pkgin just gives:

# pkgin install gimp
gimp is not available in the repository
calculating dependencies...done.
nothing to do.

Trying to rebuild gimp in the pkgsrc folder just seems to fall victim to
Perl dependency issues with intltool, p5-XML-Parser and friends:

pkg_add: Can't open +CONTENTS of depending package p5-URI-1.74
pkg_add: Can't install dependency perl>=5.30.0<5.32.0
pkg_add: Can't install dependency p5-XML-Parser>=2.34nb4

I'm running NetBSD 8.0:

uname -a                                                                        ~
NetBSD Bast 8.0 NetBSD 8.0 (GENERIC) #0: Tue Jul 17 14:59:51 UTC 2018  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

Any help sorting this out or where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
--
Behind this mask there is more than just flesh.  Beneath this mask there is
an idea... and ideas are bulletproof.