Re: Shared object "libffi.so.6" not found after installing w3m-img

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 09:53:29AM -0400, Bruce Nagel wrote:
> After installing w3m-img recently (with whatever dependencies pkgin pulled in)
> I get the following error when I try to run gimp:
>
> Shared object "libffi.so.6" not found
>
> When I check in /usr/pkg/lib I find that indeed instead of libffi.so.6
> there is now libffi.so.7.
>
> Is there a straightforward way to resolve this and get gimp working again?

I run into the very same thing (I don't understand why libffi is not
version, so that a major .6 can not live with a major .7).

What I ended doing because a "new" version of a package needed
libffi.so.7 but there were bunches of "old" packages requesting
libffi.so.6 was building pkgsrc-2019Q4 libffi (which was .6) then
just deleting the entry in the pkgsrc database but not removing the
dshared lib:

# pkg_delete -N libffi

Then you can install the "new" libffi and the packages are happy.

HTH
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/