Re: cvs better than git?

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 01:00:50PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>    notice how the checksum for the second commit - an event that happened in
>    1992 - changed.  That shouldn't happen, I suspect something unstable about
>    the process.
>    Very annoying.

Thanks for the insights. In the context of present thread I think we
should not be relying too much on the mixed repo approaches (main repo is
X but can be accessed as Y), as this example shows. As pkgsrc user it's
not a serious issue as there is a way out. But for developers, even wip
developers, it won't be a good idea to use bridges of this kind.

Mayuresh