Re: cvs better than git?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 03:42:44PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> For pkgsrc I prefer the git mirror, as I don't have to push anything
> anyway and a few hours of latency doesn't matter to me.

Don't know whether it's relevant to say on this thread. May be it is.

When I use pkgsrc git mirror, after every few days I get this error when I
pull: "fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories"

I do not know what *I* am doing wrong that leads to this. I do not even
change anything, leave alone branch or commit.

I do not know what is the `correct' way to fix this.

I do the simple. Delete pkgsrc and start over with a fresh checkout again.

Mayuresh