Backup to Blu-ray M-Disc

Hello, I'm thinking of getting a Pioneer SATA drive which can write
Blu-ray discs:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-212UBK

It seems to support M-Disc technology with Triple Layer 100GB discs.
This would be quite handy for backing up my data which remains static
for years (photos, music, documents, etc), since it has been claimed
M-Disc shelf life is around 1000 years. See the following experiment:
http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artsep16/mol-mdisc-review.html

So the question is - has anyone been using Blu-ray/M-Disc on NetBSD? If
yes, does it work quite well with something like cdrecord? Pioneer
include various software for writing discs, but I assume it is Windows
only, so would be good to know if Triple Layer Blu-ray writing is
actually supported on Linux or NetBSD before I spend $140.

Thanks.