Re: Strange behaviour on PCEngines APU2

Staffan Thomén <duck%shangtai.net@localhost> writes:

> On that note, back when USB harddrives first came out, there were
> those two male to one female usb cables that used one port for
> power+data and one for just power. Could that save me the trouble of
> hooking up power for a hub?

I don't really think so.  Those are a kludge so that a drive can pull 1A
instead of the max 500 mA from a single port.  Your device is way under
that, and the powered hub will probably make no difference.  I'd just
run an extension cord for the test, and think about what to do next if
it turns out to matter.