Re: static Wifi connection

Obviously, I provided too much context...

The main puzzle piece is, that you need

critical_filesystems_local="OPTIONAL:/var OPTIONAL:/usr"

to start wpa_supplicant from rc when /usr is a dedicated filesystem.
That information was well hidden in the scripts.

Now the problem remains, that I often get

Aug  2 10:47:21 gw2 wpa_supplicant[153]: iwm0: Authentication with
f0:7d:68:b2:e8:10 timed out.
Aug  2 10:47:21 gw2 wpa_supplicant[153]: iwm0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED
bssid=f0:7d:68:b2:e8:10 reason=3 locally_generated=1

repeatedly. But the same configuration will eventually succeed at some
point. Again: Has anybody an idea, what "reason=3" means? Does this
provide any more information why the authentication failes?

I also see this from time to time:

Aug  2 11:05:27 gw2 wpa_supplicant[158]: ioctl[SIOCS80211, op=23,
val=0, arg_len=0]: Invalid argument

Are there any known problems with the support for Intel 3165 in iwm(4)?

--
Joern Clausen
https://www.oe-files.de/photography/