Re: bozohttpd mime types etting for markdown files

On Tue, 28 May 2019 14:28:26 +0000, Mayuresh wrote:
> Clicking on a .md file in, for example, a git repository renders it
> instead of asking to save.

I assume that is not the rendering of just the plain file
but also include navigation elemets around it? Like
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/doc/HACKING/Maintaining.md does?
There the entire page is delivered as one html document.

> Or may be my expectation is wrong and is a web server supposed to convert
> it to html on the fly?

That depends on your expectation of what the server does in turn.
I wouldn't expect browsers to have markup processors.

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>