wedged machine in disklabel run from /etc/daily

I have a NetBSD 8.0 [1] machine that is hung in the middle of running /etc/daily (3 days of running /etc/daily backed up on top of each other, because none of the earlier ones finished).  I believe the culprit are three processes like the following (this is the earliest of the three disklabel processes):

# ps -lp 4904
UID  PID PPID  CPU PRI NI  VSZ  RSS WCHAN  STAT TTY    TIME COMMAND
  0 4904    1 1968 127  0 9924 1160 tstile D    ?   0:00.00 disklabel sd0

What can I do to troubleshoot the problem?

What exactly does the 'tstile' mean?

What can be done (short of a power reset) to unwedge this machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Brook

[1] NetBSD ... 8.0 NetBSD 8.0 (GENERIC) #0: Tue Jul 17 14:59:51 UTC 2018  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64