Um pulseaudio...

How embarrassing is that? Please allow me a do-over:

Epiphany built very nicely from pkgsrc, and in the process built
qt5-qtmultimedia, and pulseaudio. However, epiphany doesn't seem
able to play any audio. I can play wav files just tine from the
command prompt using audioplay.

Clearly I am a few pepperoni short of a pizza. How do I implement
pulseaudio in its role as audio server? (If that is even the
pertinent question to be asking...)

Thank you,

--
What can be asserted without evidence can be
dismissed without evidence.