Re: Web + email hosting recommendations

Andrew Luke Nesbit <ullbeking%andrewnesbit.org@localhost> wrote:

> On 09/05/2019 08:44, Mayuresh wrote:
> > On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 09:20:57PM +0000, Christopher Pinon wrote:
> >> Someone has already mentioned Vultr (who offer KVM VPSes), which is a
> >> good choice. I've run a small NetBSD VPS at Vultr in the past.
>
> The idea of cheap VPS'es that offer KVM access is new to me.  This is
> welcome news.
>
> > Has anyone tried hetzner[1]?
> >
> > It seems KVM, so possibly NetBSD should work.
>
> You need a dedicated server for this.

Not clear what you mean.

The VPS line at Hetzner is based on KVM (just like at Vultr). NetBSD
runs on a KVM VPS. Hetzner (just like Vultr) provides a control panel
(including a console) for interacting with the VPS. One of the main
practical questions is whether you can upload an ISO yourself or whether
you need to request an ISO via a ticket.

One doesn't need to have "KVM access" (beyond the use of the control
panel) for any of this.

> > The plans look good 2GB/20GB/20TB/1vCPU for Euro 2.49.
>
> I had one of these and inquired about KVM access.  It is not currently
> provided.

Again, one doesn't need to have "KVM access" for the VPSes.

C.