Re: Web + email hosting recommendations

On Tue, 7 May 2019, Sad Clouds wrote:
Hello, could anyone recommend web hosting providers for the following cases:

1. Register domain while it is available and set up basic web + email.
This only needs to be an empty landing page and ability to
send/receive emails at the new domain. There are thousands of
providers out there and I could pick one at random, but would like to
find a BSD friendly provider, so that I don't have to migrate if I
need to upgrade to VPS or Co-location.

2. At some point in the future I would like to run NetBSD or FreeBSD
VPS, so would be good to have recommendations for this case.

Also, I live in the UK, but not sure of hosting in Europe vs US. Are
there any recommendations against holding your data in US data
centres, i.e. DMCA issues, NSA spying, etc?

Precedence Technologies offer UK-based (specifically Cambridge) Xen domU machines, inc. NetBSD - specced to your requirements. All web and email servers run on NetBSD. HTML5 virtual console to your VPS.

http://www.precedence.co.uk/internet/

--
Stephen