Re: Alternative DVCS to git: hg?

On 2019-04-17 14:42, Andreas Krey wrote:
On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:33:15 +0000, Johnny Billquist wrote:
I'm not following again. If I make a commit, I would assume it shows up
afterwards if I check the log for the file. Are you saying it won't?

Operative words being 'for the file'. Meaning yes, svn commits are
atomic with respect to the files being committed, but not with
respect to the full tree that is visible in your working copy.

The naive assumption is that 'svn commit' makes a snapshot of the
working copy tree as it now is - but it does not.

That's a weird assumption, I think. The "operative" word is commit. Not "snapshot" or "sync".
It commits your changes. That's all.

  Johnny